Interested in Volunteering?
The Shreveport-Bossier Sports Commission has various opportunities for Event Volunteers! Why Volunteer? The SBSC Event Volunteers play an essential part in the success of our events by ensuring smooth operations and memorable experiences to our guests. You can also build your network, enhance your resume, develop your skills, and most of all…have fun!
CenterPoint Energy Red River Balloon Rally Presented by the Louisiana Office of Tourism
June 9-12, 2021 at LSU Shreveport
Below is the list of opportunities that are available and their job descriptions. No experience is needed!
- Chase Crew – The crew helps the pilot rig the equipment, holds open the envelope as it fills with cold air, and applies weight to the outside of the basket as needed before launch. Then they follow the balloon on the ground, and after the landing, help the pilot pack everything up. Much of the crew workload consists of carrying heavy equipment from the truck to and from launch and landing spots.
- Measuring Team – These volunteers will help the judges measure distances from dropped markers to the center of the target, using tapes or survey equipment.
- Trash Detail – The trash detail will assist the event staff in maintaining the grounds at the LSUS festival site. Their primary role will be taking garbage out of the trash cans, replaying the trash liners, and taking the trash to the rolling dumpster on the grounds.
- Ticket Booth Manager – The Ticket Booth Manager will oversee the volunteers that are scanning the tickets into the festival site. They will be there to help manage the scanning process and will also help fix any issues that may arise with the scanners.
- Ticket Taker – Ticket Takers will scan/take tickets that patrons have purchased. They will stamp the hands of every entrant to prove proof of entry.
- Volunteer Sign-In – Assist the RRBR event staff with volunteer sign in during the event.
- Special Shapes Crew – The crew helps the pilot rig the equipment, holds open the envelope as it fills with cold air, and applies weight to the outside of the basket as needed. They will hold the special shapes balloon in place with the ropes attached to the balloon.
- Course Turn Marshal – Assist the 5k staff with making sure that the runners are going in the right direction.
- Water Stop Team – Assist the 5k staff with water for the runners when the complete the race.
- Registration Team – Assist the 5k staff with runner registration/check-in.
Click the button below to sign up for different shifts and jobs. Every volunteer will be given a volunteer t-shirt and two tickets to the 2021 CenterPoint Energy Red River Balloon Rally Presented by the Louisiana Office of Tourism!
Need Help or Have a Question About Volunteering?
For more information about volunteering with the Shreveport-Bossier Sports Commission, please contact the Shreveport-Bossier Sports Commission at firstname.lastname@example.org.